Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Inspiration Tuesday...The Last Tuesday of February

I feel so awesome right now!!!!!  I just ran 6.13 miles.  It's the furthest I've ever run and just shy of 10K.  I feel really good about my 10k in April.  I had set a goal of under 1:30, but I think I may be able to do it right around an hour.  It took me 1 hour 21 minutes today and that wasn't on my race pace.  I'm also excited about the 5k in 2 weeks.  It should be pretty good even with the 2k downhill part.  I'm really excited about it!

I can feel myself getting stronger and my paces getting faster.  The pace I held for all but the few minutes of warm up and cool down was faster than 3 weeks ago.  I felt comfortable and like I could run some more.  Tomorrow is a rest day and I think I'll need it.  Thursday it's hill intervals.  I run 4 miles with 6 rounds of :45 hills at my 5k pace.

This weekend I'm off to Ottawa for Provincials.  I have 3 kids swimming and they are really excited.  Two of them are swimming for the first time.  They are really excited.  I know they will do well.

This week I'm focusing on not giving up for my Inspiration.  I have told my swimmers the story of how Michael Phelps swam the 200 fly in the 2008 Olympics with his goggles full of water and not being able to see.  Not only did he win the gold, but he did it in World Record time.  If he would have just given up then he wouldn't have won his 8 gold medals or set a new World Record.  He trained hard so he knew where he was and how many strokes he needed to take on each length.  Today I was worried that I wouldn't be able to do all 6 miles, but I did.  So for this week's inpiration I have quote from Babe Ruth.




This is so true.  I hope that I can get my swimmers to believe this and at times I need to remember this.  Just don't give up!

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment