Thursday, February 16, 2012

Rainy Days and Thursdays...

I know the song is rainy days and Mondays, but it's not Monday and I'm really not down.  Mike comes home today so how I can't be anything but happy!

I did let myself sleep in an extra half hour this morning.  I haven't been sleeping well so I thought it wouldn't hurt.  I got up and went to the gym.  I'm a bit sore today, but after I started running I started to loosen up and felt pretty good.  Today was a 3 mile easy run, so at a slower pace.  I found that my slower pace is getting faster.  I was pretty excited about that.  I'm excited to do my temp run on Saturday.  I should be able to hold my race pace and feel pretty good.  I think they had the heat cranked today though.  I was dying while running. Either that or I am running under a vent.  I'll have to check tomorrow. 

After running I did a circut.  I did both arms and legs.  Today was the day I increased weights on some of the excercises.  I felt pretty good about that.  I can feel myself getting stronger.  I feel good and I'm enjoying myself.

Right now I'm munching on honey Greek yogurt mixed with some Holy Crap cereal and a glass of chocolate almond milk.  I am out of vanilla almond milk so no smoothie today.  I'm still getting a good breakfast and I love Greek yogurt!  It's win/win.

Tomorrow I have a 4 mile run at an easy pace.  I'm not lifting so it's just the run.  Saturday is a tempo run and Sunday is a cross training day so I'll be on the recumbent bike.  I'm doing really good a following my plan and I know my 5k time will drop and I will be fine when I run the 10k. 

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment