Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Since Mike is in Ohio, I celebrated by doing a 5 mile run this morning.  I was uncertain about doing it on the treadmill, but I did it!  I didn't look down at the time or pace or distance.  I just plugged in my headphones and watched some home renovation shows.  I found that not looking down really helped.  Since it was my long run, I was at a slower pace than my 5k pace.  I just kept going.  I did have to slow down twice so I could drink water.  I'm not that coordinated that I can run and drink on the treadmill.  It would not have been pretty. 

After running, I did upper body and core work.  I'm at that point with some of the exercises that at first I think that the weight is too light, but then after about 6 or 7 reps I realize it's right where it needs to be.  I am getting stronger and I can really feel it in my running.

Because I'm starting to notice a difference my inspiration for the week is this.



I'm not necessarily going for weight loss, but for getting stronger and more toned.  I'm starting to see a difference in my endurance and I'm seeing tone in certain areas.  This is week 3 of my training program.  It is a 12 week program and I don't think I will be at my goal of sub-30 5k at that point, but I will just do it again.  I will be closer to 30 minutes though and I will be ready for my 10k at the end of April.

Tomorrow is my rest day.  I have a lot to do because it's newsletter day.  I have to get it out so that will keep me busy.  Plus I have to come home to let the dogs out since Mike is gone.  Thursday I run 3 miles at an easy pace.  Friday its 4 miles easy.  Saturday is another tempo run and I have my goal pace already written down.  And Sunday is a cross training day.  I have one more day of weights this week as well. 

I'm feeling really good and loving what I'm doing.  It's really keeping me motivated. 

I hope everyone has a Happy Valentine's Day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment