Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Valentine's Day Couples 5k

Today Mike and I braved the cold to run the Valentine's Day Couples 5k in Burlington.  We had a blast!  We had to be tied together at the wrist by a red ribbon.  That was a fun twist.  This was the race that I made the shirts for.  Here we are getting ready for the race.




The shirts turned out really cute!  Mike loved his and thought it was funny that I did that.  We also had to get pictures in the race shirts.





We ended up wearing the race shirts because those fit better over the long sleeve shirts.  I did make Mike promise that he has to wear the shirt I made out in public very soon.  Maybe for the St. Patrick's Day run. 

We drove to Burlington and when we got there it was snowing.  It was pretty, but cold.  I was excited to run in snow.  But by race time it had stopped.

We went to the gym and stretched and took a pre-race picture.



We had some fun while stretching.  We got ourselves tied at the wrist and headed to the starting line.


Then we were off.  The route was snow and ice free which was nice.  It was pretty flat and well marked.  Mike is not a runner so we went slow and steady and had to walk a few times.  That's fine because I just wanted to spend the time with him and have fun.  We did!

We crossed the finish line at about 38:40, but I'm not sure about that time.  I'll have to check the results to make sure.  When we crossed we got a really nice heart-shaped medal and a flower.






After the race we had pizza and water in the gym.  I am really looking forward to running this race again.  It was awesome!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment