Friday, February 17, 2012

It's Friday!

We made it to the weekend!  Mike got home last night and we just kind of relaxed.  We both were pretty tired.  It's good to have him home!

This morning my training plan called for 2-4 miles at an easy pace.  I normally try to run closer to the 4 mile mark.  Today I only ran 2.3 miles.  I just felt off the entire time.  I was a bit achy like I'm trying to catch a cold.  I'm hoping thats not the case.  I didn't feel horrible, just really off. 

After my run, I ran to the grocery store.  I'm the type that has to plan meals for the week and make sure I get everything I need with no impulse buys.  It usually works out that way.  I didn't have a written list and so I had to try to remember everything while shopping.  I think I got it all, but I do have to go back to get the ingredients for the dishes I have to bring on Sunday.  I did forget to check that list.  Oh well, I'll head back later this afternoon.

We are eating more organic and local foods.  I'm back to healthy and non-processed foods.  Mainly because processed foods are killing my stomach.  We are also finding that James is learning to like different foods if we don't keep the processed stuff in the house.  I keep telling Mike that I'll get us eating better even if it kills us.  LOL!

Our menu for the week is:

Friday: Homemade meatballs with peas and choice of fruit
Saturday: Pork chops and rice with broccoli and fruit
Sunday: Family gathering
Monday: James gets to cook
Tuesday: Beef stroganoff w/peas and fruit
Wedensday: salmon with asparagus and fruit
Thursday: Mike and James eat at his parents house

Tomorrow I have an early morning pactice and then I'm doing a tempo run.  I hope I feel better than I did today.  The rest of the day we are cleaning house.  We finally have a day where we are all here so we are getting this done.

I hope you all enjoy your Friday!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment