Monday, February 27, 2012

I'm Back!

Last week I came down with a nasty cold that just wiped me.  It hit me Wednesday.  I got home from practice Wednesday night, took some Nyquil and went to bed.  Thursday I let myself sleep in, but had to get up for a meeting.  Friday I didn't get out of bed.  I was still feeling icky Saturday, but much better.  I had a swim meet so I decided to just go to the meet and not workout.  Today I was back at it.  I'm glad I took the time to get healthy, but at the same time I was missing the activity.

I got up early this morning and went in for a cross training day.  I'm glad it was a cross training day.  I did 11.5 miles on the recumbent bike.  I was not going at a super fast pace, but I did push it towards the end.  It did feel good.

I then went on to lift weights.  I did legs and then some core work.  For my core, I did Russian Twists with the medicine ball, sitting squats with the medicine ball, roll outs on the physio ball and pike ups on the physio ball.  I think I did strain some muscles coughing when I was sick because I felt a pull, but no pain.

Tomorrow I do my longest run I've ever done.  I go for a 6 mile run.  I'm trying to decide if I am going to delay it and go outside when its a bit warmer or do it on the treadmill.  I have to check the weather I guess. I can go out around 8:00 and then hit the gym when I get back.  Like I said I think it will depend on the weather.  We'll have to see.

I'm a little intimidated by the distance, but I can do this.  I have 62 days until my 10k so this is a good judge of where I am.  I can do this and once I do I know I'll feel so good about it!

Right now I have 12 days until my next 5k.  It's the Slainte St. Patrick's Day Race.  It's downhill for the second half of the race.  It's tough on your quads, but its fun and a fast course.  I'm excited.

Then I go to Indiana to visit my parents.  I'm really excited about that.  I will go see my grandma and my grandpa as well.  I love going to visit them.  I can't wait!

And to wrap up my March break, I have my appointment set up to get my next tattoo!  I'm so excited.  I have been itching to get it for awhile now and I set it up the other day.  After this one I have 2 more planned.  I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

I have a busy week ahead of me and I need to get it started.  Have a great Monday!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment