Saturday, February 18, 2012

Snowy Saturday

I woke up at 3:30 this morning for a 5:30 practice, let the dogs out, and discovered it had snowed last night.  We got about 2 inches.  I didn't even know it was supposed to snow.  It made for a dicey drive to the pool.  It took me a little over and hour to get there.  I was not amused, but it is what it is.

Coming home was so much better.  The plows had gotten out.  The sun was up.  The main roads were pretty clear.  It made getting to the gym so much easier.

I got to the gym before the Saturday crowds did.  Today was a one mile tempo run.  I was up for it.  I did around an 8 minute warm up.  Gradually working up to a good pace.  Then I did my tempo run at 11:19 pace.  It's about what my 5k pace is.  I felt really good and like I could have held that for a lot longer.  Then I did a 10 minute cool down, gradually bringing my heart rate down. 

Next week I have a 1.5 mile tempo run and I'm going to try to hold an 11:00 minute pace.  That's a bit faster than my current 5k pace.  I'm getting better endurance and now it's time to push myself a bit harder on the interval sets and the tempo runs. 

Today we are cleaning the house and doing a few crafy things.  We have to go to the grocery store to get the ingredients I need for tomorrow's dishes, but we can do that later.  We are also making Dippin' Dots today.  James got a Dippin' Dots maker and hasn't been able to use it so I told him after we get the cleaning done we can use it.  He's pretty excited.

I'm looking forward to a laid back, but productive day today.  I'm glad we have another weekend at home.  It will be really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment