Monday, February 6, 2012

I'm Movin' Today!

I feel great right now!!!!!  My swimmers had an awesome weekend with two more Provincial qualifying times for 2 of them.  Huge time drops for almost all of them.  Great swims overall!  I was so happy!

I kept up with my training for week one.  I got up both Saturday and Sunday to workout.  Saturday I did 3 miles on the treadmill and Sunday I did 7.5 miles on the recumbent bike.  It really did help me get through the weekend. 

Today I walk with James to daycare.  He was so happy that it was warm enough and we had a great time.  That was a 3 mile round trip.  Going there the pace is a bit slower, but that's fine with me.  The company is what makes it the most fun.

I went to the gym and today was another cross training day.  I had to make some adjustments to the trianing program to account for swim meets and possible practice coverage.  Sometimes Sunday have to become rest days and sometimes they are cross training days without weights.  So this week I have 2 cross training days in a row, but that's okay.  I did 10.5 miles on the recumbent bike.  I like to read when I'm doing that because it makes the time go faster.  I am currently reading Michael Phelps' autobiography.  I'm trying to help my swimmers see that even world class athletes have issues like their goggles filling up with water during the 200 fly, but they still go on to set world records.  In doing so I have several biographies of swimmers that I am going to read.  Plus how can you slack off when you are reading about Phelps' training program.  It's not happening! 

After the bike I had about 25 minutes to kill before meeting my trainer.  I got on the dreaded eliptical machine.  I think I hate the eliptical more than the treadmill.  I did about 20 minutes at an easy pace.  I'm trying to force myself to like to give me more cross training options.  It ended up being 1.5 miles.

Then my trainer killed my legs and core.  I know I have a weak core...very weak.  We did some TRX things.  I love the TRX!  We use it with my swimmers, but it is a torture device.  It was a good hurt though.  I do like using it.  I will conquer some of those exercises and make my core stronger!

So in all today I did just shy of 15 miles of cardio and an hour of leg and core work.  I feel pretty darn good! 

I have the day off and after my shower I have a few errands to run.  Tomorrow I my long run.  It's 4 miles and then we are doing upper body and some more core work.  Because of when I can get to the gym, I have to do it on a treadmill.  Ugh...I'm just going to put on my game face and get it done!  I can't wait for spring to get here so I can go for my early morning runs and then hit the gym after walking James to daycare.  I love running at 5am.  It's quiet and the temperature is wonderful.  There are no cars, no people...Just me and the quiet.  That will come soon enough!

Have a wonderful rest of your Monday!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment