Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy Family/President's Day!

Today was a holiday so Mike and James were both home.  It was a good thing they did have today off because we didn't get home last night until almost 10 pm.  Mike's grandma had her 90th birthday party yesterday.  It was fun.  Lots of family, food, and fun.   We all went straight to bed though when we got home.

This morning I got up and hit the gym.  It didn't open until 8am so I did get to sleep in just a bit.  Today was another cross training day.  I did the recumbent bike and got 11.5 miles in today.  Then I did weights.  It was legs and core today.  I increased some of the weights again.  The gym was crowded, but I was still able to get my workout done.  I much prefer the early mornings when no one is there.

While I was riding I read about Phelps' 200 Fly and 200 Free races.  Just amazing!  I have a passage that I'm going to copy for the swimmers to read.  It's about how he swam the 200 Fly to a gold medal and a world record and couldn't see anything the last 50 of the race because his goggles were filled with water.  He knew his stroke count.  He knew what he needed to do get to the wall.  He didn't want to lose.  Just so amazing!  I need the kids to see that even when things don't go as planned, they can still race hard.  We have our group meeting on Thursday and we will be doing goal setting for long course season so I'm hoping this will inspire them.

Tomorrow is Inspiration Tuesday.  I'm trying to find my inpiration for the week.  I have so many to choose from.  Tune in tomorrow and see which one I picked!

No comments:

Post a Comment