Saturday, February 11, 2012

Finally, a semi-normal Saturday

After have several weekends of meets in a row, I have a kind of normal Saturday.  I did have to get up at 3:30 for a 5:30 practice.  I got up so early because we got snow last night.  I wasn't sure how the roads would be.  I'm glad I allowed myself the extra time.  The roads were horrible.  It took me about an hour and fifteen minutes to get to the pool.  Ugh...Had a pretty good practice though.  I covered for another coach so it was my group plus his.  It was a bit crowded, but we made due.  After a water and dryland practice, it took me an hour to get back home.  The roads still hadn't been plowed.  I don't get that either.  I mean I live in Canada.  They get snow.  You think they would know what to do when they do get it.

I went to the gym for my run.  Today was a 1 mile tempo run.  I warmed up for 10 minutes and then kicked the pace up to 11:41 for a mile.  That is my current 5k pace.  Then I did a 5 minute cool down.  I was able to get just over 2 miles in and I felt pretty good.  I wanted to run a bit faster on the tempo, but chickened out and did my true 5k pace.  My next tempo run I will kick it up.

Today we are going to Burlington to get our race kit for tomorrow.  I'm really excited about that race!  I'm hoping Burlington didn't get the snow that we got.  Now that being said, we only got about 2 inches.  It just seems like a lot because we haven't gotten much snow this winter.

I'm going to enjoy the rest of the day.  Just relaxing and catching up on some cleaning and laundry.  I'm glad I have a restful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment