Friday, February 10, 2012

Here we are at Friday!!!!!!

It's gonna be a cold one today!  We are supposed to get snow and cold temperatures.  I can already feel the temps dropping.  Brrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

I got up this morning and took James to daycare.  He agreed that it was a little too cold to walk.  After I dropped him up I went to the gym to run.  After a 5 minute warm up I ran at a pretty good pace.  Then did a 5 minute cool down.  In total I ran 3.7 miles in 51 minutes, but if you take the 10 minute warm-up/cool down off I ran 3.3 miles in 41 minutes.  It felt really good.  I'm still not a fan of the treadmill, but I am dealing with it.  I am ready for it to be warm so I can go for my early morning runs.  I love those times.  Until then I will stick to running on the treadmill.  Tomorrow I'm up for a tempo run so we'll see how that goes.

I'm getting really excited to do the Valentine's Couples 5k on Sunday.  Even though it's going to be really cold I think it's going to be fun for us.  When we get home I'm making a Surf and Turf dinner for our Valentine's dinner.  Mike has to go to Ohio next weeks so we are celebrating on Sunday.

Saturday we have James so I have a special dinner planned for him as well.  He loves meatloaf, so I'm making meatloaf for dinner.  For dessert I got fresh strawberries and chocolate dip.  He'll love that!  We have a weekend of celebrating this weekend.

I am glad I have the next 2 weekends at home with the family.  Yes, I still have practice, but it's in the morning and I have the rest of the day so it's okay.  I'm so glad today is Friday!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment