Sunday, February 19, 2012

Cross Training Today

I have a very busy day today, but I was still determined to get up and get my cross training time in the gym.  We are going to Mike's grandma's 90th birthday party today.  We are in charge of bringing a veggie tray, green bean casserole, and a root vegetable dish in the crock pot.  No problem!

We got the stuff yesterday and last night Mike and I peeled and cut up turnips, parsnips, rutabega, and carrots.  It saved me a ton of time this morning.  I got up a little before 6 and put everything in for Crock Pot Balsmic Root Vegetables and started the crock pot.  Then I hit the gym.

I'm getting ready to mix up the green bean casserole before I get ready to go.  We are leaving around 10:30 so I'm typing and eating my breakfast.   I also have a few more things to get done before we leave.  It should be fun though.

I'm about halfway through No Limits by Michael Phelps.  It's a really good book.  It really shows how hard he works and how hard Bob Bowman works as well.  I should be done in the next couple of weeks because I am only reading it while I ride the recumbent bike.  After that I'm reading a biography of Mark Spitz.  I can't wait!  I'm finding that I'm really inspired to push myself as well as push my swimmers to become better and to reach their goals.  I almost need to bring a highlighter so I can highlight quotes that I want to remember.  Hmmmm....I just may start doing that.

Well, off to make the casserole!  I hope everyone has a restful and blessed Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment