Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Inspiration Tuesday

Yes, it's Tuesday!  Today started early for me.  I was at the gym at 5:00 this morning because James wanted to walk to daycare.  I ran 5.22 miles and then did weights.  Today was upper body and core.  My whole morning so far has just been one thing after another.

My morning started when I was pulling out of the driveway.  I had just put out the 2 recycling bins and didn't realize how close to the edge of the driveway the actually were until I knocked one over.  Of course being 4:55 am it couldn't have been the one with the paper and cardboard in it.  Nope...had to be the one with the cans and plastic.  It was a glorious noise.  Mike said he heard a thump and got out of bed to look and saw me picking up all the cans and bottles. 

The gym itself went okay.  I felt really good on the run.  My pace for my long easy runs is getting faster.  After a 5 minute warm-up I held the first 2.5 miles at a 12:45 pace then slowed down to get some water.  The second 2.5 miles was at a 13:09 pace.  I had to slow down to get water again at around the 4 mile mark.  I did a 5 minute cool down at the end.

I lifted upper body and did some core work today.  I have one exercise that I have to increase weight on on Thursday, the rest I increased last week and they are still okay.  I did have to cut the core work a bit short since I had to get home to get James so we could walk to daycare.

We decided to take the dogs with us.  Now the route we took today is a 2.8 mile round trip walk.  It's cold so I had to put Mulder's coat on him.  He had recently decided that he doesn't like his coat, so he stands and plays statue.  Once we got him going we were fine.  Then they both have to find just the right place to go poop.  That took time.  Then James kept getting slower and slower.

We get halfway to daycare and run into Mike's dad.  He was walking their 3 dogs.  Well they all had to greet each other which caused a bit of a leash knot.  We chatted for a minute or two and then we were back on track. 

Once we get to daycare, I have to tie the dogs up so I can take James inside.  Of course the time we hit the daycare is the time when everyone else gets to daycare.  I have to tie them up at the end of the fence so they don't scare any kids.  I know that not everyone likes dogs so I try to keep them away from everyone especially kids when I have to tie them up for very short periods of time.  I get James into daycare, but of course the dogs were convinced that I was leaving them there forever.  When I get back to the them 30 seconds later, they were soooooo glad I was finally back.

We head back home.  About halfway back we stop and chat with one of the crossing guards.  That's when I notice that Anya's foot is bleeding.  I couldn't figure out where it was coming from so I had to wait until we got home.  We start walking again and we come to a patch of ice half a block from home.  Mulder starts sliding and can't get his feet back under him.  He gets to the cement and decides that he was NOT moving another step.  He started playing statue again.  It took me a minute to get him moving.

We got home and I took Anya straight up to the bathroom.  I put her in the tub and clean out her foot.  It took me a minute to find the source of the blood.  I finally found it.  She had lost her nail just above the quick.  She's fine and laying here next to me as I type.

My morning has been eventful so far.  I'm hoping the rest of the day is calm.

Now for my inspiration for the week.


This is so true.  I find that if I'm going to do something I am going to give it my all.  I know we all stumble and have moments when we just want to do the bare minimum.  We have to recognize those moments and work to improve them.  I am going to keep this in mind this week.  When things start to get hard, I wil make sure I'm giving it my best and then keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment