Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Terrific Tuesday!

After yesterday I was a bit disappointed with the weather.  Yesterday was so warm and today it's back to colder and raining.  Sigh...I just want it to pick a temperature and stay that way.

I got up this morning, but couldn't seem to get out of the house when I wanted to.  I got to the gym and only had 45 minutes to get a run in.  When I'm on the treadmill I do a 5 minute brisk walk to warm up so I lose that time.  And I do a 5 minute cool down walk.  Another 5 minutes lost.  So I really only go to run for 33 minutes.  I did 5k in the 43 minutes I was on the treadmill.  I wasn't super happy as I was supposed to do 4 miles.  I felt good running though.  It was a long slow run day so I wasn't super concerned about the pace, but I really wanted to get the mileage in.  I will be able to get a longer run in on Friday so I will take the time to really make sure I up the mileage then.

I also worked out with my trainer.  We did upper body work and I feel pretty good.  Yesterday we really hit the legs and I was afraid that I'd feel sluggish, but I didn't.  They felt really good today.

I'm finding that I'm really enjoying the time I workout.  I am becoming addicted to the endorphins.  I guess that's a good addiction.  I love the feeling of pushing myself and then pushing some more.  I also like that I am able to go in the morning when there isn't a lot of people there.  It's nice to be able to get on the machines and not have a time limit.  I can just go and focus on what I need to focus on.

I've been trying to really practice what I preach to the kids as well.  I have always loved being inspired and having goals.  I have started keeping a folder of inpirational pictures, quotes, and stories.  I'm reading autobiographies of various athletes (mostly swimmers right now) and that is helping me to stay motivated.  The other thing is my goal of a sub-30 5k by July.  I know I can do this.  I'm really focused and I'm training and I am on track.  I just have to stick with it and not let anything get in my way.

In that vein of inspiration, I'm going to start posting one of my inpirational quotes/pictures every Tuesday.  It's going to be my focus for the week.  Here is this weeks.


This is what I'm repeating for the week.  Every time I start to feel like I can't do something or feel like giving up I'm going to repeat this over and over.  I will doubt my limits this week in whatever I do.

Have a great Tuesday!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment