Thursday, February 9, 2012

I can't believe it's Thursday!

This week is just flying by!  Usually when I have Monday off the week seems to go slowly, but this week is just gone!  I'm not complaining though.  It shows that I'm busy and not just being a slug.

I got up and went to the gym today.  It was my last day with the trainer.  I'm thinking of continuing with him, but I have to have the money.  If I can't I'll just keep going with the circut and find a program that can help.  I can feel myself getting stronger and I feel really good!  Just gotta keep going though!

I did hill intervals today.  I started out with my 5 minute walk gradually getting up to my running pace.  I then ran about a mile at an okay pace.  It wasn't my 5k pace, but that's okay.  Then came the hills.  I HATE hills, but I need to do them so I did.  I did 6x:30 at just under my 5k pace at 5.0 incline.  I pushed for :30 then lowered the incline for 2:00 at a just under my 5k pace.  I thought I would be dead by the 6th repeat, but I felt really good.  After my hills I did a little under a mile and then a 5 minute cool down.  My total mileage was 3.29 miles.  Tomorrow's run is 2-4 miles and I'm going to do at least 4 miles trying to hold just under my 5k pace.  Saturday is a temp run so that will be good.  It's not super long, but it will be faster.  And Sunday is our couples 5k.

I'm really looking forward to the 5k race on Sunday.  Mike is running with me and we have to be tied together.  I was teasing him about making matching shirts.  He said he would only wear it if it had the 3 wolves howling at the moon with my face in the moon.  Challenge accepted!  I'm working on that shirt now.  He thinks I have forgotten, but I don't forget things like that.  I'm going to make it this afternoon.  I can't wait to see his face.  I'm making my shirt all lovey dovey and sugary.  It will be fun.

Yesterday was my rest day and once I got started on all the paper and computer work I had to get done the time flew by.  I got a lot done and even a little bit ahead.  I have some work to do today, but not until later this morning.  Right now I'm off to shower before I go to my next item on the list.

Have a terrific Thursday!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment