Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Day 31: Happy Birthday Harry Potter Virtual 5k

James and I registered for a virtual race a few weeks back.  It's through a group called NerdHerd.  They sponsor 3 virtual runs all with nerdy themes.  This one was for Harry Potter's birthday.  It's really a cool thing for geeks like us.

They emailed us race bibs and we send in our times and the send us finishers medals.  James if very excited about that part.  He can't wait to see what it will look like.

We took River with us to keep us moving.  She loves to run so she should get to participate as well.  Here we are before the run.  We're casting a spell and catching the snitch.



James was  bit grumpy to start out.  He complained about everything even though he's the one that wanted to run with me.  I coaxed him along and as we got into the run he got better.



He ran a pretty good time.  48 minutes was the final time.  He was excited when he finished.



It was a bit warmer then when I normally run, but I didn't want to get him up that early.  We are going to get him new running shoes today because he's outgrown his old ones.  We run our next 5k in 2 weeks.  I'll get him out in his new shoes before then so he can break them in.

Tomorrow is a cross training and weights day for me.  I know I need those days, but I am really enjoying the runs lately.  Friday is another 5 mile run and I'm really excited for that.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment