Thursday, July 4, 2013

Day 4: Cross Training and Weights

This week just keeps getting busier and busier.  I think I have a handle on it and then I realize that I really don't.

This morning I had to get up at 3:45 to go in to coach a Masters practice.  Thank goodness for coffee!  After coaching until 7:00 I drove back to Kitchener to hit the gym for some cross training and weights.  I enjoy my cross training days as I do the recumbent bike and get to read while I exercise.  Some days I go for 35 minutes and some days 45.  It depends on my weight circuit and time constraints.  Today I only did 35 minutes since I was doing a full body circuit and had to get home to walk River and give Anya her eye medicine.  I still did 8.5 miles at a fairly good pace.  The time really flew by! The reading helps most days.

I haven't really lifted weights since May so I was expecting to see some regression today.  I really didn't see all that much.  I was at the weight I left off on in May on every machine.  I was pretty happy with that session.

When I got home, I had to get River out for her walk.  The poor thing was about 3 hours past when she normally goes out.  She was ready to go, but it was humid.  We only walked about 2 miles as she was the one pulling me towards home.  Right now she's crashed on the on the floor next the AC vent.

While I was walking I was trying to get everything straight in my mind for the next few days.  I thought my schedule was going to lighten up, but it really isn't for at least another week.  I may need a vacation after summer is over! 

Right now I just need to focus on what needs to be done today.  With that, I'm off and running again!

No comments:

Post a Comment