Thursday, July 25, 2013

Day 25: Another Beautiful Day!

I know it's July and this should be fall weather, but I'm loving running in this stuff!  It was about 48 degrees when I got up this morning.  It made for another great morning of running.

Today was supposed to be a 5 mile run, but last night I found out that James was getting dropped off at our house at 6:15 so I had to cut my run short.  I ended up doing a 5k.  I took River with me though.  We both really enjoyed the run as it was another sunrise run.  There is just something about watching the sun come up as you are running.  It's just amazing.  I love the quiet and the calm of that time of day.  No one is up.  There aren't many cars.  Nature is out and the air smells so clean.  It's probably my favorite time of day to run.

The 5k route we take starts with and uphill and ends with an uphill.  At the start it's a nice slow uphill, but at the end it's a short steeper one.  We live in just the right spot that it is uphill both ways to get to our house.

Tomorrow is James' last day of track and field camp.  They are having a little mini-meet and he's very excited.  He's decided to do the long jump, high jump, 100 meter dash, and a relay.  He wasn't sure if anyone could come watch him, but I told him this morning I was coming and he was really excited.  I'm taking my camera so there will be lots of pictures.  He has really enjoyed this camp.  It's been good for him to step out of his comfort zone and do this.  He likes running and this was a way for him to see the other events and to learn how to do them.  He's come home every day excited and happy and that's what counts.

So tomorrow I'm up really early again to hit the gym for a cross training day and weights.  Saturday is my rest day and I'm kind of looking forward to it.  I won't get to sleep any later, because River will still need her morning walk, but it will be an easy walk with my coffee in tow.

I'm off to start the rest of my day!  It's going to be a day at home so hopefully I can get some stuff done.

No comments:

Post a Comment