Sunday, July 7, 2013

Day 7: Not what I planned

Today was supposed to be my long run, but my body had other plans.

Around 2:30, I woke up feeling funny.  I went downstairs and drew a warm bath.  I wasn't in long when the vomiting started.  I threw up 3 times and thought that was it.  Nope.  My stomach decided to wage a full on exocirist type war.  I ended up with 5 hours of worshipping the porcelain gods.  I finally called the telehealth nurse so I could go to the ER.

Once there, I threw up again.  They hooked my up to an IV and gave me anti-nausea medicine.  After several hours of getting rehydrated, the doctor said it was probably food poisoning or something along those lines.

I've spent the rest of the day in bed drinking clear liquids and taking Gravol. Right now I'm just achy from being in bed all day.  I am feeling better though, but probably won't run tomorrow.  I don't want to push it.  Tuesday we'll have to play by ear.

I never want to go through that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment