Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Day 23: I switched things up today

I was supposed to do a 5 mile run this morning, but I was feeling speedy today.  I went to the gym and did speed work instead.  Normally speed work is done on Wednesdays, but I'm flexible with my training schedule.  Plus tomorrow morning is supposed to be even cooler than this morning so River will love the run even more.

I warmed up on the treadmill for a half mile at a nice easy pace.  Then I did 10 rounds of 30 seconds really fast and really hard with 1:00 recover time.  After 5 rounds I got a bonus 1 minute recovery.  Then I did a half mile cool down at a nice easy pace.

I have to admit that this workout felt amazing!!!!!!!  It felt great to push myself and not have any pain and just feel the speed.  I have not had a speed workout feel this great in a long time. 

After that I did leg weights.  I'm just about ready to increase weight on a few machines. 

So tomorrow I'm up early for a 5 mile run with River.  She will love that as this morning she thought she was going running with me and was disappointed when I left her at home.  I'm excited for the run since these past 2 days have felt really good.  I'm hoping this carries on through the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment