Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Day 24: What a great day to run!

I woke up at 4:30 this morning ready to run!  The temperature was about 50 degrees and there was a light breeze.  Perfect running weather!  River was ready to go and when she realized we were running she was doubly happy.

I did a 5 mile loop and for the first time doing this loop, I felt nice and relaxed.  The run felt so good from start to finish!  We got past the dog park and to the base of the sledding hill when River needed to stop for a drink.  While she was drinking her water, I snapped this picture of the sun rising.


It was so nice to watch the sun rise while on our run.

This route has some hills both steep and rolling.  Normally there are 2 small, but steep hills that kick my butt.  Not today!  We ran up those hills without a problem.  It just felt great!  In fact, I ran an almost 10 minute best time on this training run.  Not to shabby!

Tomorrow is supposed to be a cross training and weights, but Mike has to go out of town and I may have to pick James up from his mother's house to take him to camp.  I'm switching my Thursday and Friday around so tomorrow I'm off for another 5 mile run.  I think the weather is supposed to be just as cool as today so River will join me.  Friday I'll hit the gym and do my cross training and weights.

Enjoy your Wednesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment