Saturday, July 6, 2013

Day 6: Not a Good Run

Ugh...I know I'm going to have runs like this, but I hate it when I do have them.  This morning I woke up at 3:00 with a migraine.  I took some medicine and went back to bed knowing the dogs would get me up around 5:30 for breakfast.  They got me up and my head still hurt, but not as bad.  I waited a bit and then decided that if I was going to run I had better do it.

I took River with me as she gives me the motivation to keep going.  Every step of this run just hurt.  My head pounded, my legs ached, my stomach was revolting against the medicine.  Halfway in to the 4 mile run I decided to call it quits.  It's just not worth it to feel miserable the rest of the day. 

I did get 2 miles in and that's at least something.  I hate when runs feel like this.  It's going to happen, but I still don't have to like it.  Maybe this evening I'll see if I can get another short run in if the humidity drops as the sun goes down.  Right now I'm going to have some breakfast and a cool shower and maybe go back to bed for a bit.

Tomorrow is my long run and I hope it goes better than today.

No comments:

Post a Comment