Sunday, July 14, 2013

Days 12-14: Ran the Dirty Dash!

Friday I had planned to run, but I overslept and my stomach was still not up to 100%.  I took River for her walk and got  shower.  James had a piano competition that Mike and I took him to.  He was very excited, but also very nervous.  He played really well, but for that session we didn't get to find out how he placed.  There were announcing it today.  He cleans up well though.

 
 
Saturday was a rest day and I was at a swim meet all day.  I left very early and got home for dinner.  I was beat by the time I got home.
 
Today was the Dirty Dash.  This race is always one of my favorite races of the summer.  It's my 3rd year running it and every year I love playing in the mud!  I was concerned how I would do since I haven't run in a week.  I took it out nice and easy and just didn't push it.  The first 2k was nice and felt good.  At the first river crossing there was a bottle-neck and things slowed way down.  I knew that was coming and every year it's hard to get my momentum back.  I did the 2nd river crossing and was starting to feel the lack of running all week.  Then the muddy hill caused me to slip, but I still got up it.  The mud pit was deep and thick.  It was so much fun trying to get through it!  I was covered!
 
I did start out nice and clean though.
 

 
 
After crawling through the mud and was still smiling and just a little less clean.
 




 


My time was okay, but I don't do this one for time, I do this one for the mud!  Next weekend I run the Warrior Dash so I'll get all muddy again!

Tomorrow I'm back on my training schedule so after the morning swim practice, I'm stopping by the gym for a 2 mile run on the treadmill and weights.  I'll be getting up early most mornings next week since mom and dad will be here.  I still have to get my runs in!

No comments:

Post a Comment