Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Day 2: Whoops...Poor River

Today I was up and ready for a nice easy 4 mile run and then some core work.  It has been cool in the mornings so I decided to take River.  She loves to run and makes a great partner.  Running with her causes my posture and foot strike to be different and she helps me vary my speed.  She was excited to go.  I got her water bottle and travel bowl ready and we headed out.

She was ready to go and didn't want to wait for her picture to be taken.


 
We started out at a pretty good pace.  She always starts out fast and hard.  I have to get her to slow down a lot of times because I just can't keep up.  We held a good pace for about 2.5 miles.  Then she needed some water.  It was a good resting point for her.  I figured that it wasn't that much longer and we were really making good time.

Then the run seemed to be going longer and I couldn't figure out why our time was so slow.  When I run with her, I usually do right on my best times.  Today it was just really slow.  We made our way back home with 2 more water stops for her.

When we got home and I double checked the route I found out that it was my 5 mile loop not my 4 mile loop that we just did.  For some reason I had it in my head that it was only 4.  No wonder River was beat and really slow at the end.  I made her run an extra 1 mile.

She was tired when we got home.


She's now sleeping on the couch.  She did get on the floor with me when I did my core and stretching.  I think I wore her out for the morning.  Poor girl.

Tomorrow it's speed and some core work.  James wants to do this with me, so we'll walk to the field by Sobey's and do some sprinting there with core work in between sets.  River will go with us to keep us on track.

Day 2 is in the books and I'm off to have a late breakfast.  I only had a protein bar before I ran and I'm hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment