Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Day 3: Speed Work and I Had Some Great Company

Today was a speed work/core day.  I normally do speed work on the treadmill, but James wanted to run with me so we did it in a huge open field near us.  I mapped out and figured the field was a tenth of a mile from one of the paths to the sidewalk on the other side.  That was where we sprinted.

We walked over to the field as our warm up and of course River was in tow.  We would sprint the tenth of the mile and walk back to recover.  Once we got back to our water bottles we did some exercises for our core.  It gave us a short rest and got us ready for the next sprint.  We did 4 sprints that were the tenth of a mile and 2 that were about .08 of a mile.  River sprinted right along with us and drank her water while we did our exercises.  On the last sprint, James beat River.  River was dragging after her last sprint.

My legs were still a bit sore from my run yesterday, but it was nice to get out and get some good sprint work in.  The plyometric exercises felt good, but were hard.  I have to do more of them.

We got some stretching in and then used our walk home as our cool down.  River is now crashed on the bed and James is vegging out to cartoons.  We won't be sitting for long though.

James said that he had a really good time and gave River a big hug to thank her for helping him sprint faster.


He's excited for next week and the training we will be doing then.

Tomorrow it's a cross training day for me.  I'll be doing the bike and weights after I coach the morning Masters practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment