Monday, July 29, 2013

Day 29: Speed Work and Weights

Whew...my legs are toast today!  After yesterday's long run I woke up stiff.  Once I got moving I felt better.  I switched speed work from Wednesday to today.  It was tough, but I did it.  I started with a  10 minute warm-up at a 12:00 pace.  Then I did 10 rounds of 30 seconds at a 7:30 pace and 1:30 at a 14:00 pace recovery.  Then I did a 10 minute cool down at a 12:00 pace.  It felt good.  The sprint was tough.  After the first round my legs were not happy, but as I got into it they got better.

After my work on the treadmill, I did a full body circuit.  I increased the weight on some exercise from Saturday and next week I'll be increasing some more.  The leg weights were tough.  I thought I was ready to increase weight on some of those, but after today I think it may be next week. 

When I got home I took River for her long walk.  We got about 10 minutes into the walk and it started raining.  We swung back by the house and picked up an umbrella and finished our walk.  She was looking for rabbits the whole walk.  There haven't been too many out lately and she looks so sad when she doesn't find any.

Tomorrow River and I are up early for a 5 mile run.  I really hope this weather holds as it has been GREAT running weather.  Only 83 more days until I run my half marathon!  It will be here before I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment