Thursday, July 11, 2013

Days 9-11: Some Ups and Downs

Tuesday and Wednesday were not good days at all.  I still hadn't eaten Tuesday and most of Wednesday.  I just couldn't do any exercise without the calories to sustain me through the workout.  By Wednesday evening, I was feeling better so I tried to eat some dinner.  Success!!!!!!!!!  I felt so much better after eating dinner last night! 

Since I was able to eat, I decided to get back to the gym this morning after I coached the Masters practice.  I ate half of a protein bar for breakfast and had some orange juice.  I wasn't going to push it and since it was a cross training day, I thought I would be a good day to start back.

I did the bike like I always do.  After about 5 minutes it started to feel really good.  I alternated 1 mile really fast and hard and 1 mile easy for 8 miles.  It really did feel good to get some exercise.  I then did upper body weights.  I just felt amazing the whole time!  Such a huge change from even Saturday morning's run.

I did weigh myself at the gym and I've lost almost 8 pounds.  I knew I lost some weight due to being sick, but I didn't think it was that much.  I guess it gave me a jump start towards my ultimate goal.

When I got home I had to walk River.  Since Mike was out of town last night, the dogs had to be put in their playpens/crates when I left at 4:15.  Normally Mike feeds them when I have morning practice, but they had to wait until I got home.  When I got home at 9:30 they were hungry and River was ready for her walk.

It was a beautiful morning!  No humidity and the wind was blowing.  We did just over 5k in about an hour.  She is tired now.  That's good because I have to go back to the University for a meeting and practice so she won't get her lunchtime walk.  I'm hoping that since her morning walk was over 2 hours later that the timing will work out.

Tomorrow morning I'm getting up and doing an easy 5k run.  Just to get back into the swing of things.  Saturday I won't be running as it's my rest day and I'm at a swim meet all day.  Sunday I runt he Dirty Dash so that's my run for the day.  By Monday I should be back on my training schedule with just a few tweaks.

I'm so glad I'm feeling better!

No comments:

Post a Comment