Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Day 30: I REALLY Didn't Want To Run

But I did it anyway.  It felt really good once I got going.  I had problems falling asleep last night and just didn't want to get up at all.  When I got up to feed the dogs I was still talking myself into the run.  River started dancing around me after she ate and I knew she had to go out for a walk anyway so I should just run.  I was slow getting dressed and getting the water together for her.  I really had to talk myself into this run, but once I got out there I felt pretty good.

At one point when I just started I tried to talk myself into cutting my run short.  I didn't let myself though!  I ran the whole 5 miles that was scheduled.  Like I said once I got about 5 minutes into the run it felt really good.  I felt nice and relaxed and just enjoyed the run.

River was all smiles the whole run.  She got grumpy with me when I made her stop for water.  She doesn't like to stop, but she has too.  I can't let her run that far without stopping for water.  She would quickly drink and then bark at me to hurry up so she could run again.

The last half mile of the run River developed a severe case of ADHD.  She started barking and trying to chase cars no matter what direction they were going.  When we passed the trash and recycling trucks, she started pulling and trying to get to them to chase them.  I got a good resistance workout in trying to get her to go forward and not run backwards while trying to watch the trucks.  She's such a silly girl.  I guess since she didn't see any rabbits she had to chase something else.

Right now I'm enjoying my post run smoothie and all three dogs are resting beside me.  I'm trying to decide if I'm going to the farmer's market today or not.  We'll have to see.  First up is a shower though.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment