Thursday, August 1, 2013

Day 32: Sleepy Day of Cross Training and Weights

Thursdays are getting to be hard for me and I think it's because I know the end is near and my schedule will be changing again.  On Thursdays I get up between 3:30 and 3:45 in the morning
to coach an early morning Masters swim practice.  I get a bit discouraged as Thursday mornings is a light day and only about 3-4 swimmers show up.

I always have problems sleeping the night before an early morning practice as I'm afraid of oversleeping and missing the practice.  So I dragged myself out of bed and got everything ready to go.  Luckily I had all my workout clothes ready to be put in my bag.  All I had to do was throw them in the bag along with my shoes and water bottle and I was ready to go.  I grabbed a breakfast pita to eat in the care after swim practice. I had some Fruit-To-Go bars in my desk at the pool so I also had breakfast while coaching.

After swim practice I really didn't want to go to the gym.  I just wanted to sleep, but I knew I had to go to the gym.  I need to stay on track with this training.  Once I got doing on the bike it felt smooth and easy.  I read my book, but still kept the RPMs up above 95 most of the time.  I didn't even realize it had been 40 minutes until the machine beeped.

Today's weights were legs.  After Monday lifting on really tired legs, this felt really good.  In fact, I'm ready to increase weight next week on everything.  It felt so good.  Honestly, I was surprised at how good this workout felt considering I was so tired.

When I got home poor River had to get out for her long walk.  It was almost 10am by the time we got out for her walk.  That's a good 2-3 hours past when she normally goes.  She was more than ready for her walk.

After her long walk, I was finally able to get some more food in my stomach.  Leftover potato soup never tasted so good!  I'm still ready for a nap, but I feel like I have more energy since I got my exercise in and ate some food.

Tomorrow River and I have a 5 mile run and we will be doing it early so it will still be cool.  I'm really looking forward to it too.  On to the rest of my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment