Saturday, August 3, 2013

Day 34: Rest Day And It Is Needed

Today is my rest day.  I didn't realize how tired my body was until last night.  When I went to bed I, think I was asleep before I even laid down.  Mike came to bed about 5 minutes after me and I don't remember him coming to bed. 

The dogs got me up at the usual 5:30 this morning for breakfast.  By 6:45 I was out on a long walk with River.  We did about 3.5 miles this morning and it was a really nice walk.  There was a nice breeze and the temperature was about 54 degrees.  Just a beautiful morning.  River pouted for a bit when she realized that we weren't running, but she quickly got over that.

When we got home, I was still the only one up.  I put some cinnamon rolls in the oven and went to Starbuck's to get some coffee.  James got up just as the rolls were getting done.  Mike got to sleep in which he really needed.

As the neighborhood woke up, River became really nosey so I had to take her for another short walk.  Once she secured the neighborhood, she went back to bed.  It's now quiet and we have the windows open to let the nice breeze through the house.  It's been wonderful to not have the use the AC too much this summer.

Today I'm starting on James' Cyberman costume for FanExpo.  I will be doing the cutting and then running to Michel's to get the silver spray paint and odds and ends I will be needing.  Tomorrow morning is my long slow run.  I have 8 miles on the schedule and the weather is supposed to be perfect for a long run.  I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment