Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Day 37: Recovery Run

I should have done 5 miles, but it was my own fault.  I couldn't sleep last night and so when my alarm went off, I reset it.  I just couldn't get myself out of bed in time to do 5 miles.  I did 3 instead.  River went with me and she seemed off this morning too.

I will say my legs felt better today than they did after my long run last week.  The run felt pretty good.  I was going at a fairly decent pace until the end when River needed to slow down and kept getting distracted.  I don't think she feels too good.  She has slept in the past few days and while she has eaten, it just hasn't been with the gusto she normally eats with.  I'll have her take it easy today.  Poor girl.

Today James starts Mad Science Camp.  He's really excited too.  He has been looking forward to this since it ended last summer.  He loves this camp and everything is right up his alley.  This year the camp he's doing has a different theme each day.  I hope he likes it as much as he did last year.

It's also the last day of swim school for this session.  I really need a break from kids for about a week.  I can tell because every little thing is starting to grate on me.  After a week I'll be fine.  I just need that week to reset.

Things are winding down for the summer.  Pretty soon school will be starting up and swim season will be in full swing again.  I can't believe how this summer has just flown by.  I just want time to slow down for a few days, but that isn't going to happen so I'll just make the most of it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment