Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Day 44: Recovery Run Otherwise Known As Running With Lead Legs

My legs are feeling yesterday's run.  I don't think it was so much the distance as the hills.  I did get a foam roller and used it this morning.  What a huge difference!  My hamstring is feeling more stretched out.  I did use the one at the pool yesterday and it helped, but being able to use it right after a run feels really good!  I'm so glad I finally bought one.

I took River on the run this morning.  She's getting better at pacing off of me.  She still sets the pace, but she doesn't speed up and slow down as much.  It's more of a steady pace.  The only time she sprints is when she sees a rabbit, a motorcycle or a city bus.  Thank goodness early in the morning I only have to really worry about rabbits.

Tomorrow I'm going for another run, but I'm not really sure how far I'm going.  It might just be one of those days where I just run to run.  I'll take River with me and we'll just go.  She'll like that.

Off to start the rest of my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment