Monday, August 19, 2013

Day 50: Ack!!!!!! Starting To Get REALLY Nervous!

Only 62 days left until I run my first half marathon.  I'm starting to get really nervous.  I know I'm getting stronger and fitter, but I'm still starting to really get scared.  My long runs are getting longer.  My short runs are getting longer.  My recovery runs are getting easier.  I just hope mentally I'm there on race day.

Today was a recovery run after the race we ran yesterday.  River ran with me.  Today is probably the only day she will be able to run with me because it's supposed to get warmer in the mornings this week.  She enjoyed her run.  She loves being out and just being able to go.  We took a path that she just loves to take.  It's a gravel trail that goes behind 2 schools.  It runs through some open fields so she's always looking for rabbits when we take that way.  There weren't any today though.

The run felt nice and easy.  I haven't had a nice feeling training run in awhile so this was a good change.  I was nice and relaxed and just did a nice easy speed run.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to do a 10k run.  It's going to be a bit warmer than what it has been this summer.  I think I have been spoiled by the cooler mornings.  I won't take River with me so when I get home I will have to take her for a walk.  If by some chance it is cool tomorrow morning, I will take her with me.

Today James and I have a busy day of preparing for Fax Expo on Thursday.  We are both so excited!  I will be getting up early to get my runs in before heading to the Expo each day.  I should be exhausted by Sunday night.  Off to get ready for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment