Sunday, August 18, 2013

Day 49: Stryker Dundas Cactus 5k Race

Today we all ran a 5k race.  Mike ran with James so I could see where I was with my time since I have upped my training.  It was a great race!

The race was at a park in Dundas.   It was a nice little park and while this morning was warmer than it has been, it was still a nice morning to run.  Here are a few pictures of us before the run.





The 10k started off the morning.  Some of those runners were speedy.  They were finishing their first loop as we were starting our race.  The course was mostly flat.  I was happy about that.  I know I've been training hills, but I still like a flat course.  There was one hill towards the end of the race, but it wasn't so bad.

I ran a best time of 31:59.  I was really happy with that time.  It's a best time by about 30 seconds.  I thought that it would take James and Mike around 43 minutes, but I was wrong.  I crossed the finish line, got some water, looked up and they were coming into the park.  They crossed the finish line in 38:15.  It was a best time for James by at least 5 minutes.


James was so excited about his time and the fact that he ran almost the whole race.  He asked if he could get a massage and while we were waiting in line, I went to go check the official times.  I looked at his time and saw that he got 3rd in his age group.  Here he is after I told him.



He was so proud of himself as were we.  He got his massage and then we had to get some after race pictures.





VRPro always puts on great races and this one was no exception.  Looking forward to running my next race that they sponsor.

No comments:

Post a Comment