Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Day 38: Speed Work and Weights

I had to get up really early this morning to hit the gym.  It was hard to get up for some reason.  Normally I'm pretty good about getting up, but today not so much.  It was tough.

I don't mind speed work on the treadmill as much.  My only complaint is the gym always seems really hot even when the air is on.  I just sweat so much.  So today I did a 5 minute warm-up at an easy pace.  After 5 minutes, I did 10 rounds of 45 seconds sprint and 1:15 recovery.  The I was going at a pretty good clip.  On the recovery, my goal was to get my breathing back to a slower rate.  That got tough at the end, but I did it.  After my sprint rounds, I did a 5 minute cool down at a comfortable pace.

Then it was weights.  Today was upper body and I increased weight on half the exercises.  Between the increased weight and the 2 rounds of 12 that I do on each machine, I was beat!  My body is tired today, but I still feel pretty good that I did it.

I was telling Mike afterwards that even though I really wanted to sleep, I knew I had to get up and go.  It's getting harder to talk myself out of my workouts.  And after the past 2 days, I need the stress release.  I'm having to rearrange some things I promised James we would do and possibly have to cancel them due to some coaching changes at work.  I don't really mind usually, but this time it bugs me.  I got the summer schedule out super early so people could make plans to take some time off, but there has been 2 monkey wrenches thrown into the works.  I'll pick up the practices and cancel on James, but I hate to do that to him.  It's really not fair to him.  I just hope he understands.

Tomorrow is a cross training and full body weights day.  I'll hit the gym after my morning practice and then come home to give River her long morning walk.  Then I have to finish the Cyberman costume.  I feel like I'm spinning my wheels.  I really need some time to just relax, but it looks like that might happen around Christmas now.  Oh well...that's the way it goes.  At least it's Wednesday!  We're on the downhill now!

No comments:

Post a Comment