Saturday, April 16, 2011

Team Champs: Day 1 Part 2 & Day 2 Part 1

Yesterday the little guys did awesome!!!!!!  We had 2 10 and under boys score us points in the 100 fly and I'm pretty sure that we had a few 10 and unders get us points in the 100 IM.  One of our 12 year old girls scored in the 50 Free as well.  They were all excited and wound up after their swims.  They are ready for today.  The older kids are now at the pool getting ready to swim their events.

Last night I think there was a herd of elephants in the room above me.  The kids from another team were bouncing around.  Finally at 9:00 pm I called the front desk.  I was tired and I jumped a few times when they crashed on the floor.  I was not happy, but maybe that means they won't swim as well.

This morning I got up and used the fitness room in the hotel.  I did the recumbent bike and felt pretty good.  I only did 7.4 miles, but it still felt good.  I had a good breakfast and now I have some time to relax before I have to leave for the pool at 11:15.  The session is only going to be like 2 hours so it will be quick.  I may try to get another workout in while I'm there, but I'll have to see.  If not, I'll get up tomorrow and workout again before the long day at the pool and the long bus ride home.

It's turning out to be a great weekend for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment