Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter weekend

It turned out to be a beautiful weekend!  Saturday we took the dogs to the nature preserve and walked for about 3 miles.  It wore them out.  The air was so clean smelling.  It felt so good to be back outside with wonderful fresh air.

Sunday we went to Mike's brother's house for Easter dinner.  I was asked to bring something Southern so I made red beans and rice and a pecan pie.  He served Turducken  for dinner.  It was a hit.  If you have never had a turducken I suggest you try one.  It's a lot of meat, but really good and tender.

While at Easter dinner, we got a message that James wanted to come spend the night with us since he wasn't feeling so hot.  We got him around 7:30 last night.  Poor guy got here, climbed into bed and promptly threw up.  After we got him cleaned up and did a sheet change, he slept fine the rest of the night.

This morning I got up for practice.  After practice I finally got on the bike again.  I only did 25 minutes since I knew James was home sick and I had to get juice and soup.  I did manage to get almost 6.5 miles in though.  After bit I plan on taking the dogs out for a walk so I'll get another 2-3 miles in today.  Tomorrow I will got my full 30-35 minutes and Wednesday I will get on for 35-40 minutes.  I plan on running Thursday morning.  Friday, after the Royal Wedding I will head out for a run as well.  Saturday, Jame wants to do a practice run before his race on Sunday.  I'll take him out then so he can get a feel for how to run it.

He is so excited for that race.  I know he will have a really good time.  Afterwards he gets to go play chess so it will be a busy Sunday for him.

Well, off to plan the meals for the week and to  get the grocery shopping done.  It seems like I'm always playing catch up so I can't let things get even further behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment