Thursday, April 28, 2011

James' Race Shirt

James runs his first race on Sunday.  He is so excited.  He got new running shoes and asked what his t-shirt was going to look like.

A bit of background.  In October when I ran my first 5k, I made James and I shirts.  I was doing the Run for the Cure so we had shirts with breast cancer ribbons on them.  He loved them so for the next race he wanted shirts again.  Those I painted fall leaves on a red shirt.  We haven't had him with us for any of my other races so this shirt is the next one.

I decided to make one shirt for all four races that he will be running between now and October.  Here is what the front looks like.


These are the logos for each of the races.  Starting in the upper left and going clockwise.  Erica's Wish (August).  Mudpuppy Chase (Sunday).  Run for the Cure (October).  Lake Festival (July).

I'm not an artist at all.  I traced the breast cancer ribbon.  The others I printed the logos and free handed them the best I could.  My favorite is the mudpuppy.  I think that little guy is so cute.

Here is the back.



I used fabric markers.  It's not the best writing and the Run for the Cure didn't want to cooperate, but it looks okay.  There is a place for him to write in his time after each race.  I think he'll like being able to do that.

I'll know tomorrow if he likes it or not.  I'm sure he will.

No comments:

Post a Comment