Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Rainy Tuesday

I had a rough night last night. I wasn't sleepy so I came downstairs and fell asleep on the couch.  My neck is now stiff and sore.  Plus with the rain moving in I had a raging headache all night.  Today it's supposed to thunderstorm.  I love thunderstorms during the day.

I went to practice and got the kids going.  Then I went and rode 9 miles on the recumbent bike.  It felt good.  I still may take the dogs out for a quick walk between rain storms. 

After I worked out I went to Michael's to get supplies for James to make a Mother's Day present for his mom.  He is going to decorate a jewelry box for her.  He loves doing things like that.

I also had to get the materials to make James a t-shirt for his first race.  We started this when I ran my first 5k.  I made us shirts and he loved it.  He asked what his t-shirt was going to look like.  I was trying to figure out a design when it hit me this morning.  On the back I'm going to put World Race Tour and list the 4 races that he's signed up for. I will leave a place for him to put his time if he wants.  On the front I'm going to put some picture that represents each race; a mudpuppy for the Mudpuppy Chase, a lighthouse for the Lake Festival, a pink ribbon for Run for the Cure, and stars with a purple ribbon for Erica's Wish.  I'm going to be busy for the next few days getting these done.  I hope it turns out like I see in my mind.  I also have a Canadian Flag iron on patch and some stars that I will put on the sleeves.  I'm washing the shirt now so I can start on it tonight. 

Tomorrow is Wednesday and its my long day.  I want to try to get 10 miles in on the bike.  Hopefully Thursday and Friday I can get a run in.  Only a few more days until my May race!  I'm hoping to do better than my April one.

No comments:

Post a Comment