Wednesday, March 30, 2011

That felt better

After yesterday I was a bit unmotivated.  I still made myself go up and workout.  I didn't use the treadmill because they just hurt my knees, hips and ankle.  I decided to really push myself on the recumbent bike.  I did 9.11 miles in 35 minutes.  I new personal best. 

When I got up there I felt really sluggish, but I just decided that I was going to go and go hard.  I knew that I had gone 8.5 miles before and I really wanted to hit 9 today.  Of course it helped that the book I'm reading hit an exciting fight scene.   I find that I push faster when I come to parts like that.  LOL.

I have a meet this weekend so I'm going to try to get one run outside between now and next Tuesday.  It may or may not happen.  I'm going to take some running clothes with me and I may be able to get out between sessions for a quick run.  I'm really hoping that I can. 

April 9th is my next race.  I want to be on or drop a little bit of time since March 12th.  But I have to remember that that course was mostly downhill.  Its hard to compare the two races, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment