Friday, March 25, 2011

Hello Friday!

I am so glad it's Friday!  Although the week went by quickly, it seemed like Friday would never get here.

Last night we went and saw an illusionist.  James absolutely loved it!  He was fascinated by the magic and how people disappeared and reappeared.  When I asked him what his favorite part was, he said, "The floating lady at the very end!"  It was a lot of fun, but a bit of late night for a Thursday.

I had another night of not sleeping.  It's not fair to keep Mike up so I headed down to the couch to read.  I did fall asleep reading, but woke up when I heard the cat knock something over.  Then I read again to fall back asleep and woke up again when Anya needed to go out.  Third time I read and never fell back to sleep.  I got to practice a few minutes before 5:00am since I was up and moving.  I was hoping that getting back on my exercise schedule would help the sleep, but it hasn't so far.

I did get on the recumbent bike for 35 minutes today.  For 30 of those minutes I was peddaling as hard as I could.  The last 5 minutes was a cool down.  Tomorrow I will see if I can do a split run/bike workout like I did Wednesday.  I have 16 days until my next 5K.

I got to start reading a new "workout book" today.  I keep a book in my bag and read it while I'm on the bike.  It makes the time go faster and I find that I go really fast when there are exciting parts.  I just finished Tainted by Julie Kenner.  I love her books and I really like this one.  It's the first book in a triology.  I had to remind myself of that when I wasn't too keen on the ending.  Now I'm reading the second book in the Black Sun's Daughter series by M. L. N. Hanover.  It's called Darker Angels.  I loved the first book Unclean Spirits so I'm hoping this one is just as good.  I like reading these Urban Fantasy books while I workout.  They are full ofi fights with demons and like I said earlier, it makes me peddal faster.

Now I have to buckle down and get some work done.  I really just want to take a nap, but that's not in the cards today or tomorrow for that matter.  Oh well...sleep is overrated anyway.  Right?????

No comments:

Post a Comment