Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Busy morning and finally back on schedule

I had to get up and go to practice this morning after only sleeping about 3 1/2 hours.  I have not been able to sleep at all lately.  I am working on it though.

Practice went well.  Kids did pretty good this morning.  I then went and rode the recumbent bike for 35 minutes and went 8 miles.  I would have gone 10 minutes longer but Mike had emailed me that one of the animals had gotten sick.  I then started to think about who it could have been and what did they get into.  I remembered that I had had a piece of chocolate the other night.  I tried to remember if I left the bag where they could get it or not.  I couldn't remember so guilt and fear brought me home.

They hadn't gotten into the chocolate so all was good.  I felt better seeing that.

James had asked to bring in a treat since he's Star of the Day tomorrow.  Star of the Day is kind of like Show and Tell when we were growing up.  He gets to bring in something special to him and share it with the class.  He also let us know that he can bring in a treat to share.  He looked through his cookbooks and picked out a recipe for As You Wish Muffins.  They are a healthy breakfast muffin made with whole wheat flour, very very very little sugar and some of my homemade jam.  I am making 36 muffins today.  I will put them in little bags that I picked up and add a pencil and a stencil that I found in the dollar section.

When I'm done with that I have to get dinner ready so all Mike has to do is pop it in the oven when he gets home.  We have found that doing that or using the crockpot works best.  James is usually hungry so all he has to do is wait about half an hour for dinner.  Mike doesn't have to cook and they can eat and it will still be warm when I get home from practice.  Tonight I'm making Rustic Chicken and Mushroom Stew.

I feel like I'm finally back on my schedule.  I have the meals planned out for the rest of the month.  The grocery lists for each week done and ready to be added too.  I am on schedule to work out tomorrow and Friday and possibly even Saturday.  I'm getting the house cleaned slowly.  Very very slowly, but it is getting done.  I have my workouts written for the week and am working on the newsletter tomorrow.  I feel like I'm back in the groove.  Finally.  Now I just have to maintain that groove and get my sleep back on schedule and life will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment