Wednesday, March 2, 2011

RIP GQ

Today I had to put my precious cat, GQ, to sleep.  He was diagnosed with diabetes in June of 2009.  He was on inulsin twice a day.  In December of 2010 he was diagnosed with some thyroid issues so he had to take a pill once a day.  Today his liver gave out.  He was almost 13 years old.  He was the one that let me know it was time.

GQ was rescued as a kitten from a rescue group.  He was in a carrier with other kittens and getting stepped on.  He just laid there and looked so sad.  I picked him up and he started cuddling and purring.  I brought him home and he just strutted around like he was all that.  Hence his name, GQ.

As he got older he became more and more uncatlike.  He would come when called.  He was incredibly social.  He loved to be the center of attention.  He was there for me through a lot of good times and bad.  He made the move to Canada with me and loved it up here.

I was glad that he had 13 loving years and my little snuggle kitty and I got to have one last snuggle last night and this morning.  He was a great kitty and will be missed.

He will have company at the Rainbow Bridge.  Waiting to greet him are Othello, Stinker, Princess, and Scully.  They will welcome him and keep him company until we all can be together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment