Saturday, March 19, 2011

My new tattoo

Yesterday I got a new tattoo.  It incorporates my old tattoo and covers up a date on it.  Mike's cousin Benoit did it for me.  I absolutely love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

For me it offered complete closure on a my old life.  The date that was covered up never really bothered me, but it was kind of crappy looking and it was part of my old life.  I have a new life and wanted to be rid of the old.   I spent two and half hours getting it done.  It was time well spent in my opinion.

Mike really liked it as well.  It has meaning to me and the colors are beautiful.  The manatees were the orginal tattoo.  I wanted two carnations and a narcisis flower representing our birth months.  Ben gave it a Japanese feel and brought it to life.  I couldn't have asked for a better piece of art.

Here is a picture.  The green around the edge is not bruising, but ink that needs to be washed off when I take my shower.

I'm already planning out my next tattoo.  I will be having Ben do that one as well.  He is an amazing artist.  I'm so happy with this and am excited for my next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment