Thursday, March 29, 2012

Much better workout today

Things were so much nicer today.  I did run on the treadmill (yuck), but the run went better (yeah!).

Today was an interval day.  I warmed up for 10 minutes at a nice easy pace then I did 6 rounds of intervals.  I did 2 minutes hard and 2 minutes easy.  Each of the hard intervals I descend with the last round being the fastest.  Then I did 10 minutes of warm down at an easy pace.  It felt so much better than yesterday.  Yesterday just was awful and I'm erasing it from my brain.

After my run I did weights.  Today I did upper body.  I'm getting stronger.  No only can I feel it, but I'm starting to see it in the tone of my arms.  Next week I have to increase the weight on about 3 exercises.  I'm happy about that.

When I got home I did a core workout, but it was really fun.  It's kind of like a drinking game, but with exercise.  Here is what I did.


So not only am I working out, but I get to rewatch the entire Buffy series!!!!!!!  Now some episodes will have more exercise than others.  Like today I started with episode 9 of season 1 since that's where I am in my rewatch.  I ended up doing only 5 squats and 50 jack knife sit-ups.  That's it.  There wasn't a lot of other stuff.  I think I may change the Giles glasses set to when he takes off his glasses.  He did that a lot, but he never cleaned them. While I was doing this, the dogs were in the playpen just watching me and laying on their bed.  They probably thought I was nuts.  Indy sat on the couch and when I was stretching, she would try to come get attention.  That's the other added benefit of this, I stretch while I'm watching.  That should really help as well.  I do stretch, but not as much as I should.

I've been watching the Olympic Trials every night.  It's exciting to see our swimmers do well.  I'm glad they are streaming it online.  It's fun to watch really fast swimming.  So far we've had swimmers make second swims each night.  I'm going to check the results from prelims this morning in a bit.  It's just so exciting!!!!!!!!

I'm off to buy new running shoes.  I want to have them broken in and ready to go for my 10K at the end of April so I need to get them today.  Tomorrow I have an easy 3-4 mile run and I'm doing legs.  I have to do it really early as we have the Victor Davis Meet starting tomorrow.  I'll be at the pool for 3 days so I really want to get tomorrow's workout in before the meet.  I don't know what I'll be able to do Saturday and Sunday.  Should be a fun weekend!

Enjoy your Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment