Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What a long weekend...I need Inspiration Tuesday

This past weekend I was in Ottawa at the short course Provincial meet.  I had 3 swimmers qualify for this meet.  They did pretty good.  I had one 13 year old girl go a 1:02 100 free and just miss her Age Group Champs cut and she went a 28 50 free.  Another 11 year old girl went a 30.6 in her 50 free.  My 11 year old boy got his Provincial cut for long course in his 100 breast.  They had some really good swims and there were a few not so good swims.  It made for a long weekend, but it was a good weekend.

I got home late Sunday night and spent Monday finishing up the stuff for our reception for our Olympic Trial qualifiers.  It was really nice, but it kept me busy all day yesterday.  And it was another late night.  I didn't get home until around 11pm.

I got up this morning and went to the gym.  I ran 3.3 miles and did weights.  It felt good.  I did run Friday at the hotel, but Saturday and Sunday I didn't get anything in and yesterday I opted for sleep.  Tomorrow it's supposed to be really nice so I'm taking my running stuff to the University and running through the arboretum.  I have a 2.5 mile loop that I do so it will be a nice run.

I have 3 more days of practice and then it's March Break.  I need the break.  My brain is so overloaded and I just need the rest.  I'm going to Indiana for a few days.  I'm excited to see everyone.  I'll head over to Ohio to see my grandma and grandpa too.  But first I have a 5k on Saturday.  I can't wait to see what my time is going to be.  I know it will be faster than my normal race time because it's mostly downhill, but it will give me a good idea of where I'm at with my training.

I come back Thursday and then that Friday I get my next tattoo.  I can't wait to see how this one turns out!  Ben always does such a great job!  The 17th we are going to a local conservation area for maple syrup time!  We did it last year and really liked it.  It's small and not to crazy busy.  Then its back to work.  We have long course season starting up and I have to get the kids ready for that. 

I can't believe we are almost halfway through March already.  It's crazy how fast everything is going.  I'm glad that spring is almost here though.  I'm ready to be outside more.

This week my inspiration has to do with will power.  I found that I started to struggle a bit with hitting the wall and having to draw on willpower to break through it.  A few days it's been by sheer will that I get through a workout.  So here's my inspiration for the week.


I'm going to have to keep using my will power so that it will get stronger and stronger so I can run further and harder.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment