Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Inspiration Tuesday

Wow, it's hard to believe that this is the last week of March!  It seems like it just flew by.  Well, our warm weather is gone for now, but we are still well above the norms here so I can't complain too much.  The last two weeks just spoiled me.

I adjusted my training schedule for this week because I don't have to go into the University on Wednesday.  I made Monday my rest day.  I was at a Regional Learn to Train swim camp all weekend and Monday made more sense as a rest day.  Today I got up and went to the gym for my cross training day.  I did the recumbent bike for 45 minutes.  I also started reading a biography on Mark Spitz.  I thought it fitting since I just finished up one on Michael Phelps and Olympic Trials start today in Montreal.  I got about 2 chapters done, but so far so good!  I love reading biographies as the inspire me and I love being inspired.

Speaking of being inspired, today is Inspiration Tuesday!  Here is my inspiration for the week.


I am constantly trying to push myself further and harder.  I run and I set goals as I'm running.  Things like make it to the next stop sign in 30 seconds or run hard for 1:00 minute and see how far you go.  It breaks things up, but it also makes me realize that I can keep going.  Sometimes when I'm running I feel like my legs can't go anymore so I set a mini goal.  Once I get to that stop sign I see that I can keep going so I set another mini goal.  Pretty soon I'm done with my run when I thought I wouldn't make it through the last little bit.  It really helps me work on defying my limitations.

Tomorrow I will be using this as I have my long run.  I am coming to love those long runs, especially now that they are outside.  I love the fresh air and the sounds of nature.  It's been really nice.  I'll see in just over a week how all this training is helping me.  I have a 5k on Good Friday and I'm excited for it!  I hope my time is what I'm hoping it will be.

I'm off to watch Olympic Trials now.  They are streaming it online and the 400 IM prelims are this morning.  I love to watch the 400 IM, plus a lot of our swimmers are swimming!  Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment