Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Inspiration Tuesday

I know I missed it last week, but here we are for this week.  Today I got up early to go for a long run.  On the schedule was a 6 mile run, but I made a wrong turn and only did 4.5 miles.  I was looking at my time and thought I was making really good time, but then when I got home and double checked the map I found out I turned the wrong way.  I was a bit disappointed, but I will be able to get in next week without a problem.

It was nice cool morning.  I started out running in the dark, but got to watch the sun rise.  I ran past a wetlands area and the picture was amazing!  The sun was coming up, there were about 100 geese on this pond with the trees sticking up and the fog rolling in.  I wish I would have had my camera or phone or something.  It was an amazing picture.  I thought to myself that if I wasn't running at that time of the morning I would have missed that beauty.  Then I wondered if the cars driving by took the time to notice it or not.  I didn't even know that wetland area was so close to my house.  It really made my morning.

I got home and James was putzin' around getting ready for school.  We were going to walk to daycare, but he just couldn't get himself in gear, so we had to drive.  He didn't seem too upset.  Tonight is his last swim lesson for this session.  He's upset, but he starts back up again in a few weeks.

After dropping James off, I stopped by the gym to do some weights.  I did upper body and core today.  I just increased my weights before March Break and then took the week off.  It was a little tough this morning, but I was fine and glad I pushed through it.

The next few months is going to be crazy.  Mike is away a lot and I've got long course season starting up.  We are going to be busy, but by the end of May it looks like everything will settle down.

As I was running up yet another hill (it seems that I mapped out the route with all the hills), I kept having to remind myself to just keep going.  I could do this.  I had to remind my body to shut up and keep going on several occasions.  That's why this is my inspiration for the week.


I have to remind myself that I just have to keep going.  I just have to keep up what I'm doing.  If I'm patient I will see the results.  I can do this if I just let my brain be the boss of my body. 

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment