Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Frankenstein's Run

That's what I felt like today.  My feet felt heavy.  I felt like those hippos from Fantasia.  Not smooth and not flowing at all today.  It was a beautiful day too.  I let myself sleep in a bit so I went out around 8:30.  I started out feeling great and then about a mile and half in everything went to pot.

I just couldn't get back into a rhythm at all.  Nothing was working.  I finally just gave in a stated walking a bit to try to stretch some, but that just didn't work at all.  I felt like crap!

I was really looking forward to this run too.  I am really starting to like the long runs.  I love the feeling of just going and not thinking.  Today that wasn't the case. 

I did find a path down to the wetlands that I discovered last week.  It takes you right down to the edge.  I stopped my watch and stretched right there for about 10 mintues.  It was quiet.  I couldn't hear any traffic, just the birds.  There was one goose that came right up and just watched me stretch.  He just sat there watching me.  It was nice.  The trees were filled with birds too.  I didn't mind that part of the run.

Oh well, tomorrow is an interval run so hopefully that goes better.  I am skipping the weights today though.  I just can't take another round of crappy work today.

No comments:

Post a Comment