Saturday, April 7, 2012

Good Friday 5K

It's been a crazy week this past week.  I was at the Victor Davis Meet all weekend for swimming and Olympic Trials were going on in Montreal.  Andrew Ford made the Olympic Team in the 200 IM!!!!!!  It was so exciting!

Mike ended up getting sick and was in bed until Tuesday.  He caught something while traveling.  I wasn't home on Sunday so James took care of him.  That consisted of James letting him rest while he watched TV and played Wii.  It worked.

It ended up being a short week because of Easter.  Yesterday we ran in the Good Friday Races.  James ran the 1K Bunny Hop and I ran the 5K.  Here we are before the race.


It was a colder morning, but it was clear and sunny.  James ran the 1k all by himself.  He was so proud and so were we!  When they started there was a mob of kids and Mike leaned over and asked if I was sure he was in there.  I said, "Yep.  I put him on the starting line and told me that I could go now."  We didn't see him until he crossed the finish line 7 minutes later.


He was so happy that he did it all by himself!  We were very proud of him too!



Here he is posing with his medal.



Next it was my turn.  I ran the 5K.  It was a nice course, a bit hilly at the start, but a nice downhill finish.  I dropped two and half minutes though!  I was so excited!!!!!!!  It was a great run!  It really got me excited about my training too!  Here I am crossing the finish line.



And posing together after the race.


After the race we went to Waterdown Falls and hiked a bit.  It was a nice day and we didn't have the time to go to Niagara Falls.  This was just up the road from where the race was. 





We hiked along the Bruce Trail and climbed on rocks near the water.





After hiking we had a picnic.  It was a lot of fun and James loved it!



It was a great day!  We all had a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment